Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MSP430 Programming :Error in Downlaoding program

Status
Not open for further replies.

KSHATRIYA

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hii all,
I am very new to MSP430,I recently had to shift to it .I have done programming on AVR .I am using MSP430 USB-Debug-Interface to download program onto MSP430 Evaluation board (MSP-FET430U64) ,I am using IAR Embedded Workbench IDE.Seeing the tutorials there I compiled the code but when I am pressing the Option
(Download and Debug ) ,I am getting an error.I have attached the screenshot of the error.
Also I have a doubt does IAR-IDE produce a hex file that has to be downlaoded on to the MSP,and other tutorial which would give better grasp of the entire process of MSP430 .

Thanks In Advance

Regards
Kshatriya

Attachments

• error.JPG
    error.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 97

Hello!

It's very difficult to help you because this is likely to be a hardware problem.
Is the processor powered? Are you sure of the JTAG connection (supposing you made your own board)?
Just in case it's your own hardware, did you connect pin 8 from JTAG (TEST)? It was not necessary
in earlier devices (e.g. F16x), but it is necessary for the latest devices (e.g. F5x)…

Dora.

Status
Not open for further replies.