Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Assembly PIC18 Simulation with Proteus 6.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiliot

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys, just found out this great board.

I try to simulate a circuit based on a PIC18F452 with code written on assembly in Proteus, and even though the code runs OK (as it does in the prototype), I get bogus results in Proteus' CPU Source Code window when I break the code. Although I see my code with instructions like movff, movwf, etc, in the comments, the program displays other dissasembly (gray colored) codes like skpf, incf, and others that have nothing to do with my code. And then when I try to single step the code it jumps or follows instructions that aren't either in the real code (my code) or in the "fictional" dissasemblied code. If I run unconditionaly the code again, it works as it should, until I break it again.

Any ideas?

Moved here by Cluricaun

Hi,

Try to ask your problem in "Microcontroller" or "PCB Routing & Schematic Layout software & Simulation" forums.

SphinX

It's possible that, for whatever reason, a software protection mechanism has been activated. Would suggest you contact Labcenter with your customer number and attach the design and source in question.

Of course, it's also possible that it's a gremlin in the PIC18 model..

spiliot said:
Hi guys, just found out this great board.

I try to simulate a circuit based on a PIC18F452 with code written on assembly in Proteus, and even though the code runs OK (as it does in the prototype), I get bogus results in Proteus' CPU Source Code window when I break the code. Although I see my code with instructions like movff, movwf, etc, in the comments, the program displays other dissasembly (gray colored) codes like skpf, incf, and others that have nothing to do with my code. And then when I try to single step the code it jumps or follows instructions that aren't either in the real code (my code) or in the "fictional" dissasemblied code. If I run unconditionaly the code again, it works as it should, until I break it again.

Any ideas?

Moved here by Cluricaun

hi

what i think if you assemble your code in side the proteus, then may be this occur due to bug in Mpasmddx asebler lanching tool which was fixed in new release 6.5 try to get new Mpasmddx tool from lab center and copy this in tools> mpasm folder

hope this will solve your problem

Thanks for the replies guys.

Apparently it was a file version problem with a file which I copied by accident while getting some libraries to Proteus.

Status
Not open for further replies.