Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to test a PC LAN port ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunter555persia

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone.
My PC's LAN port seems not to work.

It doesn't respond when I connect the DSL modem. And the green light of the port is dead.

What is wrong ?? How do I test it ??

Re: LAN port

remove the modem cable fro lan socket.
first make a 'loop back ' test for the lan block.

if it is oK, then connect and test access the modem .
if no response ,
it is faulty modem.

LAN port

Have you tried a cross-over cable?

How do I initiate a loop test ???
I'm using the same cable that worked before.

ping 127.0.0.1

then ping your local ip address

LAN port

My LANport on my Notebook dosn't work. Somebody know where i can find some drivers to fix it? Any links?... Pleaee for help

LAN port

@My LANport on my Notebook dosn't work. Somebody know where i can find some drivers to fix it? Any links?... Pleaee for help

Try in google. Write "LAN drivers" :)

Hi hunter 555,
if you are using network raining & lightning time it spoil your pc network port.better check your pc lanport.if it's ok mean try this , check your both (modem& pc ) lan port connectors .if any dust or pin broken it's not working .check first which one making problem. Notebook also same procedure.

hi everyone,
firstly testing the lan port with loopback doesnot work..i mean in most cases it gives a positive reply. the loopback fails only under certain conditions like tcp/ip stack failure. please check the configuration for the lan port.

@My LANport on my Notebook dosn't work. Somebody know where i can find some drivers to fix it? Any links?... Pleaee for help

Try in google. Write "LAN drivers" :)

first check whether the nic is installed properly and the Drivers....
assume that u r using the windows os
my computer > rightclick>properties>Hardware>Device Manager>
check whether any red color or yello color symbol is displayed withe ur "Network adapters"
if any......... check installation problem with your lan card

if the nic is okey then check the cable and the dsl modem

Status
Not open for further replies.