Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

speaker classification via neural network

Status
Not open for further replies.

fikrul

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello,

im doing speaker recognition project. I already processed the input signal coming from my microphone,and done it with 13th coefficient of MFCC(mel-frequency cepstrum coeeficient). For recognition part, i decide to use neural network but i had problems with that part which is:

1)What the input should be in my neural network?

Please help me..

This is the same doubt I am having. How should the training data set be formed from the MFCC matrix. I have w1,w2,w3 as three matrices of order (100*10) where, 10 is the number of MFCC coefficients and 100 is because of the number of frames. How should I form the training data set for nntool box to recognize three speakers.

Simple. Use the neural network toolbox. First you should use a matrice to save the input data.

For eg: If you have 3 classes say A,B and C and if you have 5 samples for every class then you should do the following

Create two matrices input and output.

Each column of the input matrice correspond to a single class.

Let the 5 samples of class A be a1, a2 and similarly for class B and C.

input=[ a1 a2 a3 a4 a5 b1 b2 b3 b4 b5 c1 c2 c3 c4 c5];
The target matice should be as follows

As there are 3 classes we should have 3 rows. For the corresponding input you should define the corresponding class in the target matrix

target=[ 1 0 0 ; 1 0 0 ; 1 0 0 ; 1 0 0 ; 1 0 0; 0 1 0; 0 1 0; and so on]

Transpose the above target matrix so that each column corresponds to a single sample

Here for the sample a1 we have set 1 0 0 which means that it belongs to class A.
Similarly for the sample b1 we have set 0 1 0 which means that it belongs to class B.

Then you open the Pattern Recognition Toolbox of the Matlab. It's easy from there..

Note: Increasing the no of samples of the input always increases the accuracy.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 19:40 ---------- Previous post was at 19:38 ----------

If you aren't good at the basis of the neural networks then I recommend you to go to Matlab Central. There you can learn a lot about neural networks using Matlab.

---------- Post added at 19:41 ---------- Previous post was at 19:40 ----------

hello,

im doing speaker recognition project. I already processed the input signal coming from my microphone,and done it with 13th coefficient of MFCC(mel-frequency cepstrum coeeficient). For recognition part, i decide to use neural network but i had problems with that part which is:

1)What the input should be in my neural network?

Please help me..

What are you doing? Speaker recognition or Speech recognition? I have a code for Speaker recognition.

Last edited:
Reactions: pranob

pranob

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
hey, m doing Speaker recognition project plz help me out with the code!!! thnks a lot :)

Thanks a lot iVenky. I did it. Also, I have my code working. I also simulated it using the MFCC generated through the speech samples obtained through a linear predictive filter and estimated the norm between the two MFCC matrices. I visited your blog. Very nice of it. I follow your blog.I am much interested to get a contact. So, am I much fascinated to link mathematics with Communication. I have a drive towards Signal Processing and Communication systems.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.