Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help needed! designed an inveter using 1 nmos and 1 pmos

Status
Not open for further replies.

sri1991

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
help needed!

i designed an inveter using 1 nmos and 1 pmos.it worked perfectly fine!now i interchanged its position ie nmos connected to vdd and pmos sourceto ground.i initially thought it wud work as buffer.but my simulation proved me wrong!
can anyone tell me why this is happening? plz help me i have to meet the deadline......

Re: help needed!

interchanging the positions apply wrong polarity of voltages to source and drain of pmos and nmos.
so it cannot work.

no initially a for zero output is zero,then a transition of 1 ,o/p is 1 now again from 1 to 0 transition its not moving to zeo fast....t looks like exponential discharge of capacitor....

i vaguely remember 'weste and harris ' have the reason , why it cannot be a buffer.

can i have the link....plz its urgent....and ya one more thing y do we prfer cascaded inverter as buffer in practice??bcoz i feel the area will be more in cascaded inverter.(iam strictly talkin with reference to backend)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back