Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

square wave to triangle wave WITHOUT op amps

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvin

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi..is it possible to make an integrator without using an op amp implementation?or are there other ways to convert square waves to triangular waves other than using op amp integrators?i need to convert a high-power square wave to a triangular wave, and i don't think there are any op amps capable of handling 50V and 5A inputs and outputs..or at least, none that are cheap..thanks..:)

What about using the MOSFET linear amplifiers?

check this out.

**broken link removed**

mvin said:
hi..is it possible to make an integrator without using an op amp implementation?or are there other ways to convert square waves to triangular waves other than using op amp integrators?i need to convert a high-power square wave to a triangular wave, and i don't think there are any op amps capable of handling 50V and 5A inputs and outputs..or at least, none that are cheap..thanks..:)

It depends on the required accuracy.
In principle and with some errors, a simple first order lowpass (RC or RL) will do the job. By the way, an active integrator is nothing else as a first order lowpass, however with a very very low cut-off frequency.

I understand, that you want a lossless conversion of a square voltage waveform to a triangle voltage. That's impossible with a passive circuit. An inductor can integrate a square voltage, resulting in a triangular current, but without transmitting power, because the output voltage must be zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.