Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to make an 8-3 encoder using 4-2 encoders

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamiajoyee

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
encoders

hello there! can anybody please tell me how to make an 8-3 encoder using 4-2 encoders or using logic gates. please help me. i will be grateful to you

Are you talking about digital or analogue multiplexers? Do they have a disable? For two 4-2 analogue multiplexers, if they have a disable you would connect the outputs together, use the same two control lines connected to D0 & D1 of each, then use the D2 for one chip enable and NOT D2 for the other.

Keith.

lamiajoyee

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Fill Karnaug map for both the 8-3 and 4-2 Encoder and then extract the output equations relating 8-3 outputs to the 4-2 output. Then implement this fuction using simple logic gates to transform the 4 outputs of the 4-2 encoders into only 3 output.

Advares.

If it's digital the same sort of solution will apply, just add an inverter, assuming it has an enable:

92_1278586383.gif

Keith.

lamiajoyee

im talking about 8-3 encoders. the figure you gave me is of a decoder

lamiajoyee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor