Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me choose a DSC and a programmer for it

Status
Not open for further replies.

mastertushar

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi .. i want to make Digital Smps by using Digital Signal Controller ... there are many company making DSC(Digital Signal Controller)... like texas i, microchip.. ect..

plz tell me if anyone doing it already..

1)which DSC is better to use ??
2)i know the basic of SMPS actually i m designing it now but in old analog passion so which books or applocation note i have to read??
3)if i want to use microchip dcPIC 30/33 for the purpose then which compiler is used for that?? which programmer i have to buy for that.. i am a student and i have to desing it... thats why i need ur help.. thanx in advance.....

Digital power supply

Hi,
The only DSC that I used is the dsPIC33. I recommend that for SMPS you use the dsPIC33GS series of microcontrollers, which is dedicated to SMPS applications.
Take a look at this:

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

For books, read those by Marty Brown, Ron Lenk, Mack, Pressman and Keith Billings.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

mastertushar

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Digital power supply

^^^ veryy thanx for ur kind reply.... and i checked it.. but which programmer i have to bye for programming dcPIC33??

and which compiler??

Digital power supply

Programmer : PicKit 2/3 or ICD.
Compiler : MPLAB C30

Good luck

mastertushar

Digital power supply

Hi,
For programming, I recommend that you use Microchip's PICKit2. With that you can program any PIC microcontroller.
Compiler choice is upto you. The codes provided in the links are in C30. You can use that, or you can use mikroBASIC or mikroC.
Mostly, I use mikroBASIC.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

mastertushar

Re: Digital power supply

Tahmid said:
Hi,
For programming, I recommend that you use Microchip's PICKit2. With that you can program any PIC microcontroller.
Compiler choice is upto you. The codes provided in the links are in C30. You can use that, or you can use mikroBASIC or mikroC.
Mostly, I use mikroBASIC.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

thanx but is pickit 2 supports dsPIC33??

and as compile changes the will change?? right??

Added after 5 minutes:

anandpv2009 said:
Programmer : PicKit 2/3 or ICD.
Compiler : MPLAB C30

Good luck

thanx .. i have downloaded MPLAB IDE v8.36 but when i put some c program code in it ... it ask for programmer...that i cant understant.. is there need to bye pickit2 before compiling?? thanx in advance

mastertushar said:
i have downloaded MPLAB IDE v8.36 but when i put some c program code in it ... it ask for programmer...that i cant understant.. is there need to bye pickit2 before compiling?? thanx in advance

No, you can compile/simulate/debug yu code without any programmers. But make sure that u installed Microchip C30 compiler.

**broken link removed**

mastertushar said:
is there need to bye pickit2 before compiling?? thanx in advance

Ya. But new chips from microchip are no longer supported by pickit2.
See the link below.
**broken link removed**

PicKit3 can program most of PIC controllers including PIC32 that pickit2 can't.

Good Luck.

Digital power supply

thanx but is pickit 2 supports dsPIC33??

Hi,
Yes pickit2 supports dsPIC33. You can use this now and it's pretty cheap.
But if you feel you'll need one that can program the newer ones, you can get pickit3, but from different forums, I have read that it has some problems and pickit2 is preferred to pickit3.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Tahmid said:
but from different forums, I have read that it has some problems and pickit2 is preferred to pickit3.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

yes i also heard that pickit 3 has some bug

Status
Not open for further replies.