Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

4 Hz h bridge inverter, using pwm

Status
Not open for further replies.

armagdn03

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am trying to create a 4 hz square wave inverter (alternating current). It needs to be around 36 volts, and will only pass a few tens of mili-amps (20-100 max)

I would think there would be a H-Bridge inverter chip that could do this...perhaps driven by pwm using a tl494 or 555 or other similar timer. I know there are alot of monolithic chips out there that are for motor controllers and the such, but do not know if they would be suitable for such a purpose. Many of the ones I have come across are run by changing the duty cycle, which means I would have to create some cleaver circuit which would change the duty cycle 4 times a second in order to control the "inverter" frequency, or use a micro controller, which I would Really like to avoid.

Does anybody know of any such simple solutions?

You have to feed a 4 Hz square wave to the H-bridge. What has the problem to do with PWM?

I assume this would have to be a pnp high side and npn low side h bridge?

Many of the ICs I have found have duty cycle which controls their fets. Can anyone suggest a model number that I could use a pwm IC with?

Status
Not open for further replies.