Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Time domain filtering with Matlab

Status
Not open for further replies.

watertreader

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
If I have collected a series of sample data acquired at 10000samples/sec, within it there is a 1Khz signal I would like to extract.

How should i go about it using matlab and build a filter and hilbert transfofrm?

any literature i could look for?

thanks

There is "fdatool" available in MATLAB.

It is a GUI that helps you in designing the filter - You can select the BW/ Cutoff as you need. You can visualize the complete frequency response.

Then you can export those coefficients to workspace - to say, variable 'num'.

then you can use, filter() command in MATLAB.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

If you already have the samples and know the rate they were taken, I would have thought FFT was the best solution.

Brian.

betwixt said:
If you already have the samples and know the rate they were taken, I would have thought FFT was the best solution.

Brian.

as in direct fft to obtain the spectrum? do we need a window?

i have data in time domain , i want to filter some data (peaks in the time domain plot) by specifying filters start time and stop time , which way i should proceed in matlab.
please help
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back