Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

radiation box + waveport in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

wave85

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi every body.

could somebody tell me how I could Have radiation box and waveport with eachother in HFSS?
I use cap but HFSS gives me an error(
[error] Port refinement, process hf3d error: Port 1 is assigned to an internal face. Only allowed with lumped ports).

I think maybe my cap is wrong.

I attached my simulation file. could any body look at it?

Thank you so much.

Hi

Just put some PEC at the back of your waveport.

Thank you for your attention to my problem.

I've done this but still I have my previous error. really I don't know what to do.

Hello,

As far as I know, you cannot use waveport inside the model domain. This means, waveports should be applied to an external face of your geometry.

If you absolutely need a port inside your model, you can use lumped ports.

Otherwise, just reduce the size of your external box in order to make it on contact to the faces of your geometry where you intend to apply the ports and remove the radiation condition on these faces.

Hope I gave you useful suggestions!

Francesco

Hi

You have not put PEC on the back of your waveport. You need to place some PEC right next to the waveport.

Can I ask what you are simulating?

I looked at your file and can reproduce the error you are seeing. I see that you tried to enclose the regions behind your ports using sheets assigned as perfect-E boundaries. This still leaves each of your wave ports exposed to vaccuum on both sides. Instead, try replacing Rectangle9-Rectangle13 with a single solid PEC box occupying the same volume (not an empty box with PEC walls; make it a solid block of PEC). One face of that box will completely overlap Rectangle8 (port 2). Do the same thing with Rectangle14-Rectangle18 and port 1. Each of your wave ports must come into direct contact with PEC on one side of the port face, and can be exposed to your model on the other side of the port face. Doing this allowed your model to simulate successfully without errors on my computer using HFSS V12.1. See Box5 and Box6 in the attached file.

Reactions: harishr

wave85

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

harishr

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thank you so much. yes you are right, this change gives me answer :D

Status
Not open for further replies.