Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

16x2 lcd rotate display

Status
Not open for further replies.

sijincool

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
is it possible to rotate the display of ordinary 16x2 character lcd by 180 degree.
pls help me.

Funny Requirement

First thing why cant you rotate the display module itself?

Nothing is impossible, But you have to create custom charter for each character.

Nandhu

Hi,

Yes it is possible. But will be much complicated.
But nandhu said the right thing. This is really a funny requirement.

NIKS

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it would be impossible before this, because at max with 16*2 you have maximum of 8 costume characters available, and also if you change one then, all of the same previous characters belonging to same costume char will change, screen refreshes automatically, but it seems I was wrong. I would like to know if you have done it okey!.

obviously this sounds crazy.
but if i could do this i can save a lot in the plastic enclosure design thats why.
any way i just posted it out of curiosity.

Hi

The only way to do this would be to get the LCD manufacturer to change the character set. Generally they supply European and Cyrillic character sets (this is in the second die on the LCD's PCB). Probably they would request a large quantity order to do something different though.

Due to the fact that there are a limited number of user definable characters not more than this number (8 I believe) could be displayed at one time - note that writing a custom character and then changing its definition makes it also change where it is displayed (it is being refreshed all the time from the character reference) which means that one can not write, change and write a different one...

Regards

Mark

www.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com

MOD: Adding link to your website in the post is treated as advertisement, if you want to you can update your profile

Status
Not open for further replies.