Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC-DC Converter with DC-AC Inverter

Status
Not open for further replies.

realm_ong

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Good Morning all,

I am trying to simulate a simple buck-boost DC-DC converter with a DC-AC full bridge single phase Inverter using matlab.

Basically i use simspowersystem to draw out the circuit and just try to simulate. However, I could not get the desired results.

Currently, i'm still learning on the matlab software. Anyone can provide me some leads on how to improve my matlab skills. I was wondering if my way of doing simulation is correct. As in like using simspowersystem to draw den key in the values of various components value n simulate.

The DC-DC converter works well on its own and similarly for DC-AC inverter. When i combine them, it works well to if i manually set the desired duty ratio. However, when i try to sense the output voltage n feedback to the transistors to control its duty ratio, the whole thing wun work.

Firstly, I would like to check if my way of using matlab to do such simulations were correct.

Secondly, I would like to ask if anyone had a betta way of simulating their designs.

Thirdly, I had some problems with specifying the values of my capacitors, inductors and my transistors. I'm not sure if there are some ways to calculate their ratings or jus try and error.

Please advise.

Regards,
Realm

Status
Not open for further replies.