Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

internet access using 3g phone .help!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

katsmiley

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
using wi-fi technology from 3g phone we can access net anywhere where there is wireless network.
But using 3g cellular technologies we can stay connected to net as long as we wish to stay connected.
and we can even connect pc to mobile to access net through cable,blutooth .so my question is why there is wifi in build in 3g phones?and which one is better? 3g phone calls using cellular technologies are ckt swiched or packet swiched

Hi,

Wi-Fi allows the deployment of local area networks (LANs) without wires for client devices, typically reducing the costs of network deployment and expansion. Spaces where cables cannot be run, such as outdoor areas and historical buildings, can host wireless LANs.

Wi-Fi is faster than 3G and moreover its free @ home. Therefore at home or offices where you have Wi-fi , you can switch to wi-fi for free and fast access.
3G phone calls are circuit switched but using more advanced technologies (IMS etc) we can make a VOIP call on packet switched network on 3G

Hi,

I dont think Wi-Fi is free, someone has to pay for the spectrum being used. As far as i know, the spectrum used for bluetooth is free.

Status
Not open for further replies.