Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about AOC L32W761 power supply trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

locoryan

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have an AOC L32W761 (Also known as Envision L32W761) and the video went out but i was still getting sound. I checked voltages on the power supply and on the power supply to the inverter i read 3.9V when there was supposed to be 24V. Finding a replacement power supply was out of the question (I found one on ebay for 179.99 - thats a little too much for me) So i added a second power supply from an HP printer that was 24V. The original power supply connector had 12 pins (2 for on/off and dim - which i left) and 5 for 24V + and 5 for ground. So i just cut the 10 wires and wired in the 24V from the other power supply. It worked but there is a problem. When the tv is in composite, component, HDMI mode it flickers. Almost like a strobe. However when i put it in the mode for coaxial cable i get a clear picture with no strobe. I would think that the reason for the flicker effect would be the 24V from the printer power supply isn;t clean but if it works for one mode how can it not work for the other modes? Maybe i have to ground it differently?? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as you can tell i am not a professional

Thanks
Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back