Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sine,Square,Triangle Wave generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

ballimo

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am searching a Chip that can generate a Sine or Square or Triangle wave( in other word I can select the output to be Sine, Square or Triangle).
If anyone has used such an Chip Please send me the Manufacturer part number or the data sheet.

Thanks in advance,

Ballimo

Intersil 8038 is one such chip.

srizbf
24thmay2010

Thanks srizbf,

I want a high frequency chip up to 100 MHz, I did not find any. the Maximum Frequency I find is 20 MHz (MAX038) and it is obsolete.
do you have any idea if a 100 MHz Chip can be found? it seems that all these part are obsolete, is this a coincidence or is there a reason?

Regards,

Rami

i have not come across any chip for your reqd freq change.
but some of the forum members may have seen one.

even those of less freq , becoming obsolete is due to market demand.

it seems not much takers for that type.
those were the chip for function generators of test instruments earlier.

though 8038 equivalent may be available( as intersil is not in current).

srizbf
24thmay2010

you can use ad9851 for sine wave generator and you can generate sine and triangle with that

ad9833 can't use for generating 100 mhz

Hi

AS far as I know the only way to that is to use An FPGA programmed as a DDS synthesizer

Check Xilnex , ACTEL & ALTERA site for some application note

Also Elektor publish some time ago an FPGA best DDS

All the best

Bobi

AS far as I know the only way to that is to use An FPGA programmed as a DDS synthesizer.
I assume you're right, because neither said AD9851 nor other DDS chips, I'm aware of, have a triangle waveform output option.
But I may have missed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back