Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Serial communication without hyperterminal

Status
Not open for further replies.

gomathigururajan

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Help me to write a c code for transmit and Receive serial data communication (RS232 protocol )with ARM7...
Should not use hyper terminal to transmit or receive data..
Can you help me...

You cannot use hyperterminal any way......

Why don't you look into API documentation which enables you to communicate over UART. I don't think u need to use the signals DTE,RTS etc.

Interface diagram:

ARM<------>Uart<----->MAX232<------>PC(COM1) : view data on the hyperterminal.

Best regards
Sanny

what do u exactly want to do..
without that inforamtion nobody will be able to help u in proper way..

Hi BurnOut_tesla
I need to write a code for ARM7 using rs232 protocol(serial communication) should not communicate with the hyper terminal to transmit and receive data from hyper terminal. I have use API to interface with ARM7. what should i refer for this.......

Your requirement is not clear :(
Elaborate more in order to help you.
--
Amr

should not communicate with the hyper terminal to transmit and receive data from hyper terminal

So can it communicate with hyper terminal or not??

Can you be more clear??

Which end you are having problems with ARM or PC??

I hope ur using API from PC end for front end softaware or is it from ur ARM comipler..??
If it is from PC end u have add dll file for com port..
please explain ur application in detail so that we can guide u properly...:D

if u dont want to use windows hyperteminal you can use Terminal programme by Bray++. just google it and u will find that. The other method is write an interface programme using c or vb.net. later is much easier...

...suggestions from forum members pouring in without op
giving clear requiremnt.

if the expertise of the members are used properly by the poster one can save time and money.

srizbf
19thmay2010

Status
Not open for further replies.