Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The difference between driving big loads with 5V relay and 24V relay

Status
Not open for further replies.

seyyah

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Are there any differences, drawbacks or advantages of driving big loads with a 5V energized relay and 24V energized relay? I've seen a manufacturer which has 2 similar cards. One is driving smaller contactors and the other is driving bigger contactors. It uses 5V relays for smaller ones and 24V relays for bigger ones. I wondered if this has a reason? Do you have any idea? Thanks.

5V Relay 24V Relay

Driving loads with relay with any rated voltage, may be 5 or 12 or 24, doesnt matter untill the Load capacity of the relay is higher than the load connected to it. After all the load and the coil are isolated and the coil is fed with a different volatge.

Re: 5V Relay 24V Relay

Different types of relay rating are used for driving different loads because as the load current increases the thickness of d coil that can support it ought to increase else the coil will burn/cut. As the voltage rating of relay increases the coil thickness also increases.

Fantascy said:
Different types of relay rating are used for driving different loads because as the load current increases the thickness of d coil that can support it ought to increase else the coil will burn/cut.

pls clarify this

pranam77 said:
Driving loads with relay with any rated voltage, may be 5 or 12 or 24, doesnt matter untill the Load capacity of the relay is higher than the load connected to it. After all the load and the coil are isolated and the coil is fed with a different volatge.

Are there any magnetic related matter?

5V Relay 24V Relay

Sorry i didnt get your words "Are there any magnetic related matter?" I think "Absolutely No". The coil side is not at all related to load bieng switched. The coil side will have a different volatge whereas you may use a load with any other voltage on the other side...Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back