Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS variable dependent frequency sweep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aykaspan

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello!

I'm trying to simulate a resonator with both a distributed part (planar spiral) and a lumped element capacitor in parallel.

I want to run an optimetrics sweep on the value of the parallel capacitor, but this changes the resonant frequency, so I want to tell HFSS to sweep around a different center frequency at each value (I have a good prediction for expected resonant frequency).
If I try to use a design variable in the definition of a frequency sweep, I get the following error: Start Frequency must be greater than 0.001
I get something similar in the Analysis Setup: Solution Frequency must be greater than 0.
This happens whether I use units in variable, or make a unitless variable and multiply it by 1MHz, etc.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
Avraham

the same here. I have some elements with predefined parameters (β, ε) dependent on frequency (I have a cvs table)

I want HFSS to use values from that array corresponding to current frequency, or freq. sweep #number.

Examples: µ(ω) freq. dependency for magnetics, C(ω), β(ω) for matching microstrip transformers.

Just can't understand how to set this up?

Preliminary trial tells that HFSS cannot accept variable-style frequency setup. For example, FEKO can accept start/stop/center frequency as variables, but HFSS cannot. Any comment about this embarrassment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back