Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

interfacing ACS756(HALL Current sensor)+(ADC-PIC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

karthi_keyan

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hai ALL,

presently am designing power monitoring system project.
In that am using ACS756 IC(hall effect current sensor IC). it gives sinusoidal output corresponding to the load(normal -1.6 DC in multimeter)
when i trying to interface it with ADC of my controller, i try to catch the peak voltage of ADC for corresponding loads.but the out put is not stable.i think i have to follow some steps to measure the current.
could u suggest me some solution how measure the current from ACS 756?thanks for your support.

regards,
karthikeyan

karthi_keyan said:
it gives sinusoidal output corresponding to the load

How did you get this idea...

ACS756 gives an analog output proportional to the current is is measuring and not a sinusoidal signal. Please read through : **broken link removed**
and
**broken link removed**

Hi

better visit link under given to under stand how it could be done,here is the formula

Amps = ( Ain - 511.5 ) / 20.46

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

regards
Fragrance

Status
Not open for further replies.