Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the principle of digital LCR meter functioning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

supi

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What is principle of working of digital LCR meter? I did not get its block diagram on net. I am using Autocompute LCR meter by Aplab.

Re: digital LCR meter

supi said:
What is principle of working of digital LCR meter? I did not get its block diagram on net. I am using Autocompute LCR meter by Aplab.
Are you trying to say you didnt get Block diagrams and schematics of the Aplab LCR meter? If yes, how can you expect a public company to expose its bussiness secrets?

Re: digital LCR meter

hello supi ,
i am not aware of the internals of the autocomput lcr meter.but i can give you the basic method ,which was seen from a very old digital lcr meter. a sinewave of known voltage and frequency is generated.(digtally).passed through the 'component under test'. current and its phase shift is measured in 'cut'.
computation of reqd parameters(L /C, R ) and other values is done . (usually in a microprocessor or microcontroller). and displayed.
srizbf

supi

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.