Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to control voltage in a pulse width modulator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xsports49

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello,
I have a pulse width modulater that puts out 12volts dc and a square wave pulse. It is adjustable from 100hz to 200khz. it can put out 1 to 30 amps but i will only be needing up to 10.
My question is how can i control the voltage without messing anything up? After the power comes out of my pwm i need to be able to adjust the voltage from 1 to 12 volts before it enters my next circuit.
Thank you for your help

Re: Voltage control

Xsports49 said:
My question is how can i control the voltage without messing anything up?
Messing up what?

Do you have a schematic?

I'm not sure if certan ways of adjusting the voltage will change the pulseing from the pwm. i'm sorry i do not have the schematic

If you have a PWM you need to filter its output using a LC lowpass circuit to smooth it out and then adjust the pulse width (that´s what pwms are intended for) to achieve the average voltage you need. If the load is purely resistive you need not to filter it. The higher the frequency the smaller L and C become. For maximum voltage flatness you may need to use a more complex filter.
Regards

Hi Xsports49,

You may like to tell us more about
your next circuit.
Why you need to adjust the pwm voltage?

Best Regards,
Siong Boon

MODERATOR - SIGNATURE LINKS ARE NOT ALLOWED

My curcuit is a follows.
dc power supplie to pwm. Then to Transformer to step up the voltage. The stepped up voltage then goes to a diode and and then a bifiler coil. after the bifiler coil it goes into my capacitor.
I am trying to control the output of my transformer by how many volts i put into it.
If thats even possible, i'm very new to all of this, sorry if i'm not making alot of sense

Hi,

Are you building a switching power supply regulator
from a low voltage to high voltage?

Best Regards,
Siong Boon

I am building a voltage intensifying curciut. (vic)
I am using it to perform electrolisis. I'm working toard the theory of using high voltage and low current. I have had very good results already i would just like a little more control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back