Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] My sine wave inverter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kabiru

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all members of the board, i will like to build my own pure sine wave inverter using digital ic's, did any body have an idea how go about this project. thanks for your reply.

I dont think everyone gets the complexity of a pure sine wave inverter!
Good luck ;)

kabiru

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
What type of Ics you have flexibillity to use. Can you use a micro controller with DAC?

kabiru

Thank's for the reply guys,i dont want to use microcontrolers for this project cos i dont know much about programing of micro's or pic, i want to use digital/analog ic's if posible.

Inexpensive Chinese pure-sine-wave inverters use a high frequency oscillator that drives Mosfets that drive a small ferrite transformer that has its output rectified and filtered into about 350VDC.
They use a TL494 IC to make a PWM signal that drives more Mosfets that make a stepped sine-wave. A small ferrite LC filter smooths the PWM into a pure sine-wave.
The TL494 has a feedback input that is used for voltage regulation.

Reactions: A Agarwal

kabiru

A Agarwal

Yes audioguru, i have build this type of inverters and they are very efficient, building such types of inverters is not hard for me but the problem is their output waveform is always modified sinewave and most of the new mordern electronics are very sensitive they may not work properly eg my samsung air condition it does'nt work with a modified sinewave,

Added after 9 minutes:

but when i used a puresine wave inverter it works perfect, and also i like buiding things for my self i make it to be a hobby,i can buy puresine wave inverters cos it's available here but i choose to buid it my self.

A "modified sine-wave" is simply a square-wave with a step in it. It is really a modified square-wave.

kabiru

Yes you are right, and that why iam going for the pure sinewave desinge so that my appliance can work fine without having any difficulties. thank's for the reply.

hi.... plz check out the circuit diagram........ Along with that IC, a few other components are required........

kabiru

Rakesh,
Your extremely simple inverter has a square-wave output and a max load of only 18W. Its output voltage is not regulated.

kabiru

kabiru said:
most of the new mordern electronics are very sensitive they may not work properly eg my samsung air condition it does'nt work with a modified sinewave,

OOooops so u want to run ur Air Conditioner on inverter

Yes, i want to use inverter to power the whole house,my total load is 938watts cos i am using enegy saver loads and the only problem is my inductive loads.

Hello guys, is like to generate pure sine wave would'nt be easy using digital/analog ic's, now i want to use pic for this project, can someone tell me how to go about it, a freind of mine build running message display using pic16Fxxx and he can write the program, then what are the specification for this program can someone help,also i want to learn how to program micro's and pic ic's what is the first thing to do,any book's or material to start with?

here is the schematic + Hex code file
if u need a source code then do tell me i will provide U . . .

Thank's for the reply hameeds01, i think i will need the source code now if posible.

Re: How sinewave is generated in PWM inverter?

Hi guys, can some one explain why the signal wave form comming out from pic or micro controlers for pure sine wave inverter is curved in shape not perfect square ? thank's

'curved in shape'...

at what stage you are measuring ?

srizbf
17thmay2010

Hi,iam using osciloscope to cheak the signal from the pic ic then i notice a kind of pulse train generated from the ic and this signal coming out is not a perfect square in shape also when reading the freq i found about 15khz, then how is the 50hz is being achieved?

not seeing perfect square is not a major concern.

the pwm at 15khz , is the actual signal which contains the sine wave generation info.

i dont know what is in your output , a transformer or some driver .
(this based on your sinewave voltage reqrment).

the pwm signal at 15khz will be passed through a lowpass filter which will output ,
a 50(or 60) hz in the o/p.

if you see an inductance separately , in the o/p . that is the part of filter.

srizbf
17thmay2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back