Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

plz tell me which is better NS-2 or OPNET

Status
Not open for further replies.

dipti82

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi i m doing my ME project in Channel allocation in cellular network. i want to simulate my algorithm. Can anybody tell me which is better either NS-2 or OPNET?

Hello Dipti,
OPNET provides its full-feature software to qualifying universities worldwide for academic research and teaching. OPNET Modeler provides several distinct advantages over NS-2/3 and other simulation software:
===========================================================================
 Extensive Model Library with Source Code: 800+ protocol and vendor device models available with source code, including specialized models such as UMTS, MANET, MPLS, WiMAX, and more
 Advanced Modeling and Simulation: Discrete Event, Analytical, and Hybrid technologies for high-fidelity, scalable simulations
 3D Visualization Environment: Visualize routing, node mobility, terrain, and other elements of wireless communications
 Graphical Model Development Environment: Create models in a graphical, C/C++ hierarchical modeling environment
 Software Documentation: Integrated, web-based product documentation
 Broad Range of Resources: User forums, annual user conference, online technology workshops, contributed models and papers, and free lab manuals for popular textbooks downloadable from OPNET web site
 Technical Support: World-class technical support available at a significantly discounted price.
 FREE Training: OPNET standard training is available free of charge to University Program participants
=============================================================================

To apply for academic licenses, please complete the online application for Research with OPNET from the following link: http://www.opnet.com/university_program/research_with_opnet/. In case you are unable to upload your research description/ class syllabus, please send them to university@opnet.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back