Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Smal size GSM and GPS modules - SMD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stian

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Smal size GSM and GPS.

Hi.
I am looking for a smal size GSM modem for smd mounting. Preferrably with integrated GPS module and good power specs. Though size is most important.

Anyone have any good suggestions.

I am currently using Telit GE865-QUAD. (22x22x3mm)

Anything out there that is smaller?

Thanks!

-Stian

Re: Smal size GSM and GPS.

Thanks for the link. The GSM module is a bit bigger then the Telit i have posted above. But the GPS was smaller then the one i currently use.

Thanks.

I got two G200's a few days ago and hoping to get them onto a demo board in the next day or so....

What kind of antenna's do you use on yours?

Dont really know what I will end up with yet. currently using a standard large GSM antenna...

Would like to use something like an Embbeded GSM Antenna ANT-GXE477a.

Dont really know. Haven't really looked in to it yet.

Any suggestions?

I do not have any suggestions and this antenna thing is new to me also as I previously used gsm modules which had sim card and antenna connectors on the module itself.

You seem to be serious about size :) The one you're thinking of looks really small.

For testing I got some sma connectors and external gsm antenna's with sma connector but the supplier I use also has surface mount antenna's made by Taoglas like these ones:

**broken link removed**

The thing which bothers me a little is the requirement for external components when using a smt antenna which has to do with matching the impedance.

hi
u can get a LEA-5S/5H u-belux

smart home assisted living

i'm doing project on meridian/p microcontroller and developing 24/7 observation system for emergency patient.the controller all ready connected with temperature sensor dis1624 and accelerometer lis302dl which are used for patient tempareture,body movement like fallen.with my microcontroller, i have to connect telit gsm 862 gps module to pass the data wirelessly with the location to the mobile straight.but i dont know how to connect them? i'm using microsoft .net micro framework(c# ).i'm really lost.can anyone help me please...please

Hello Stian, i'm also looking for small GSM module, and it seems the GE865 is the smallest available. I have one question, what GSM antenna are you using ?

Hi.
I am looking for a smal size GSM modem for smd mounting. Preferrably with integrated GPS module and good power specs. Though size is most important.

Anyone have any good suggestions.

I am currently using Telit GE865-QUAD. (22x22x3mm)

Anything out there that is smaller?

Thanks!

-Stian

You can use M10 from Quectel Wireless. It is really good GSM/GPRS module and only one module has GPRS Class12..

Attachments

• M10_GSM_Module_Specification_20090904.pdf
    816.9 KB · Views: 96

the elit GE865-QUAD use passive or active antenna ?

for gps module, we have M9129 which is only 13*15mm and cost effective, MT3329 chipset with -169dBm senstivity. plz check with this **broken link removed**
for small size gsm/gprs module, recommend you with QUECTEL M10 **broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.