Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Inverting vs. non-inverting buck-boost transfer functions

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayTooLate

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to derive transfer functions for a non-inverting, full-bridge buck-boost (4 single quadrant switches) in CCM using the Fundamental of Power Electronics (2nd) book as a resource.

Using the small signal equivalent model of an inverting buck-boost, the book derives the line-to-output (Gvg(s)) and the control-to-output (Gvd(s)) transfer functions.

Which for example, Gvg(s) = (-D/D') *(R || 1/sC) / (sL/D'^2) + (R || 1/sC).

Now my question: Are the non-inverting model's transfer functions the same as the inverting models (ALL of them) except for the change from negative to positive? It seems the main components of the transfer functions are the passive component values and input & output voltages.

*I am deriving these equations to add voltage control or current control to the non-inverting model. T.F.s for current control also include Gid(s) and Gig(s). (all duty cycle controlled gains)

Status
Not open for further replies.