Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

my adapter gone sth wrong ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

eeeg

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i dunno why my adapter is always giving 3v more then in its operating mode ...if i operate on 3v it gives 6v ..i i operate in 6v it gives 9v n so on ...wats wrong guys ...checked internal circuit ...but couldnt understand anything

cant say anything abt the internal circuit really ...sorry

eeeg

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
its better to make new ones lol

wat do u do then keith ??

Simply that the label next to the switch on my power adaptor was put in the wrong place. It may not be your problem, but problems are sometimes not complex or electronic.

Keith

eeeg said:
i dunno why my adapter is always giving 3v more then in its operating mode ...if i operate on 3v it gives 6v ..i i operate in 6v it gives 9v n so on ...wats wrong guys ...checked internal circuit ...but couldnt understand anything
You didnt mention what type of power supply is it? Is it an SMPS or a regular transformor based supply with a rectifier and filter on a PCB?

hi,
an adapter is based on the principle of mutual induction..i mean to say here the use of transformer inside it...u have a varyin voltage adapter ..means the number of coils arrangement in the transformer must have roled in this matter!!!!
u have got a progressive three voltage increase..i doubt,this might be the cause...the output is differnt in the same pattern..

thank u

shashir i dun think like u said ...its too uncommon ...

yep i think same now..but may be there is a problem similar as working of a potentiometer.the internal portion of the changing part might be the problem???
its seem confusing!!

Status
Not open for further replies.