Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help with a Hartley Oscillator .. plzzzz ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elc321

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi

Im trying to construct a Hartley Oscillator.
I am using a bypassed common emiter and i am trying to get a 200kHz 2Vp-p oscilation. With a BC547B npn transistor

I know how calculate the correct frequency output.
But i do need help with the following however:

How do i go about calculating the amplitude of the feedback and output voltage?
Do the Lower and Upper cutoff frequencies of the amplifier matter ?
What should the Av (Gain) for the amplifier be +- ?

Any other pointers on how to start analyzing a circuit for certain criteria would be helpfull.

Tnx for any help in Advance

Go through this... might help you

Use a Medium wave antenna coil, with ferrite rod. In absence, take 8mm ferrite rod, Large coil 32SWG Super enameled 80 turn. Small feedback coil 8 turn. Resistor-100K-10K Ohm, feedback capacitor 220pf. Connect 220pf Capacitor parallel with PVC 2J Gang (Variable capacitor) across +Vcc and Collector. Adjust. If require, vary the capacitor value.

Thanks

If you connect the tuning capacitor across +Vcc and the collector of the transistor, you'll have a different kind of oscillator. To make a Hartley oscillator, the tuning capacitor should be placed between the two ends of the coil, see below.
26_1271334115.gif

Here is another Hartley oscillator circuit:
6_1271335388.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.