Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is the importance of clock enable signal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

a.akbari61

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everybody

I have a statistical question about the application of clock enable signal. I want to know How many percent of applications connect the clock enable to a fixed active voltage level (and what are some of these applications?) and How many percent of applications connect the clock enable to a varying signal (and what are some of these applications?)?

Thanks by advance

Added after 5 hours 13 minutes:

The above questions may seems meaningless!
but suppose we want to design a logic element for an fpga.
we have a register with a clock enable signal and want to decide about the possible sources that can drive this signal.
one possible solution is to connect output of a 2 to 1 multiplexer to clock enable
so that data inputs of mux come from external sources.
an other possible solution is to connect output of a 2 to 1 multiplexer to clock enable
so that one of it's data inputs is connected to VDD and the other one comes from an external source.

Hi bigdogguru
No. this is not a rhetorical question.
Infact I want to choose one of the mentioned solutions by a strong statistical reason.
if for example at 60% of application the clock enable is connected to a fixed active voltage level then it is better
to choose the second solution because it consumes little routing sources of FPGA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back