Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need some help Designing 16QAM Transmitter/Receiver(matlab)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shlomyss

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to build 16QAM Transmitter/Receiver in multipath fading channel,
First I need to transmit Packet of 1500 bytes (12000 bits) through the channel and plot the BER. Then I need to transmit the same Packet of bytes + 20 additional bytes (12160 bits) and plot the BER.

The problem is that I need to transmit both of the packets with the same packet time, so that the bit time 'Tb' of the second packet is a little bit shorter from the 'Tb' of the first packet (Because there are more bits but the time that is allocated for the packet doesn’t change).

While using modem object in matlab in order to modulate with QAM or any other digital modulation method, there is no consideration in the 'Fc' of 'Fs' or bit time.
Please help me solve my problem, I'm working on it for a long time and I tried everything, I even tried 'dmod' and 'ddemod' (functions of older verstion of communication toolbox) which asks for Fc,Fd,Fs arguments. But still I don't know how to represent time of bit.

If someone can explain to me or just post here an example for a communication system it will help me a lot.

Thanks
Shlomy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back