Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Maximum current and load regulation of a LDO supply current

Status
Not open for further replies.

berryfan

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,thanks for all of you
1.if my LDO can supply 0~8mA current, and the load regulation is 7mV;but I only use 8mA ,so should I care the load regulation of 7mV
2.what is the maxium current which the LDO supply?I think it is related with the lowest supply voltage.

Re: LDO's supply current

berryfan said:
hi,thanks for all of you
1.if my LDO can supply 0~8mA current, and the load regulation is 7mV;but I only use 8mA ,so should I care the load regulation of 7mV
2.what is the maxium current which the LDO supply?I think it is related with the lowest supply voltage.

the second: its current may limmit by the size of the power transistor

Re: LDO's supply current

Hi,

1. Load regulation is a specification defined for the output voltage variation with load. If you change the load from 0 to 8mA, the output is expected to change by 7mV. If you keep the load 8mA forrver, then the output voltage will be always 7mV lower than the nominal value.

2. With the first statement, we can say LDO can supply maximum of 8ma. As, if it is in the spec(guaranteed by design at lower supplies also), then the maximum current can increase with the the LDO supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.