Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CST Microwave studio 2009 installation guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

isharan

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I would like to install the CST MW studio 2009 in my PC. I managed to install it.

But somehow, I cant open it bcoz the "Specify server" pop -up.

My questios are:

Shall i select local / remote?

By default it comes to A\lience.dat...then it stuck

Could some pls guide me with the installation?

Thank you.

I am using the DVD for CST 2009 suite.

My PC is win XP, pentium 4, 1 GB RAM , 320 GB HD

Reactions: dobir

dobir

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Dear Friends,

I am new on CST and I tried to install CST Studio Suite 2009 on my Vista and Windows 7 computers. But, I had a problem to specify license on both machines. I do not know what to do with Local or Remote license server types. I put the link where my license.dat file is in CST folder with port number 27000 but it said me that 'unable to start local license server'. what can I do?

I tried to open the program as administrator but it did not work :(

regards,

Isa

Hi

You should open your license.dat and in te first line instead of "SERVER .... ANY..... " write name of your computer after SERVER and write 27000 after ANY.

it should work!
shahram

Hi

You should open your license.dat and in te first line instead of "SERVER .... ANY..... " write name of your computer after SERVER and write 27000 after ANY.

it should work!
shahram

right on license.dat and click open with..
choose notepad, and then write computer name after server..just like this picture...

Attachments

• license modification.png
    license modification.png
    57 KB · Views: 364

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Replace server name in license.dat with your computer name. Copy license.dat into the CST installation folder.

Run License Managaer & Start the service

When you run CST choose remote and input the computer name.

Hope this is helpful...If you do not solve it let me know.

Also I had a problem when installing the license manager on Vista but on XP it works fine

Replace server name in license.dat with your computer name. Copy license.dat into the CST installation folder.

Also I had a problem when installing the license manager on Vista but on XP it works fine

I did the same but still it is not working, while the license manager saying it is working. But when I open CST it does not work,,, Help please! Using XP.

Hi, I am unable to install CST 2009 on My windows 7 - 32 bit PC. In the pop-up specify license i wrote name of my PC, but it says erroe code - 18. Can you please help me to sort out this problem?

I am trying to Install CST 2008 on Windows 7 64 bit Professional, the problem is coming after patching when i run license manager to start the service it show an error in starting the service and hence i am also unable to start the CST.
can you help me in this. and also should I put the computer name as NAME-PC or only NAME

Hi

it should work!
shahram

it worked, mirshahram. thank you so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back