Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Unable to reformat the partition maybe the disk damage

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonic05

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can you plz help me for this problem because iwant to reformat my HD but this is the message when i do that---> "Unable to reformat the partition maybe the disk damage"

Hi,

Please insert the boot disk CD, then click boot from CD. Then format it ..... Even after it is telling some problem in the HD. Better to Change.. Try it .....

Sudan

sonic05 said:
can you plz help me for this problem because iwant to reformat my HD but this is the message when i do that---> "Unable to reformat the partition maybe the disk damage"
Your hard disk may be damaged. If it worked before, plug that HDD as a secondary HDD in another computer, boot your computer then select it and format.

Hai,

ANOTHER SUGGESTION !!!!!!!!!

Plug in your hard disk (not working one) with a Working computer Hard disk as Slave mode and Check. If it is not detecting your hard disk , definitely it may be damaged. If it is detecting your Hard disk partition automatically add with the existing number of derives(for example the old ones are C,D,E after adding your drive as slave then it will show C,D,E, and F,G,H, etc depends on your number of partition).

If is is detecting there itself you can perform ant operations.

Regards

Sudan

Status
Not open for further replies.