Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

line current value calculation with ADC of PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

karthi_keyan

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hai,

presently am designing line measuring unit using PIC micro controller. in this am having shunt type step down unit which gives sinusoidal wave with respective to load current.so i interfaced with the controllers ADC section and try to get peak values and with some calculation(multiplication factor) i displayed the data .

here am struggling with the peak value getting function it gives the value +-5 ranges(495-500)for same load.so the output is not stable. can any one help me to get the current readings from sine wave of shunt type step down power measuring unit?

regards,
karthikeyan

how about putting a sampling capacitor at the ADC pin and/or take a few samples of the reading and display the average of that. ?

hai cam,

ya i tried with 10uf capacitor at the end of the opamp IC of power measuring unit .but still its not stabilized its still wobbling. i think some other method is there to measure from shunt transformer output.

can anyone suggest me a better solution in this?

regards
karthikeyan

Status
Not open for further replies.