Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Vacuum tube amplifier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gres

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points

It’s one of the last vacuum construction.
It’s a experimental construction. I tried a few configuration of preamp, inverters etc. I found best sound for my ear.
I don’t have such thing as a diagram because it’s “fly” construction.
To have possibility of modification I used point to point method. Who knows, maybe next version will be based on PCB.
Chassis I designed in Autoacad and order to laser cut in inox steel. Casing is osb3 board covered by tolex (temporary , new one will be in plywood and white tolex)
Front is perspex board cut with laser.
To make front panel I used foil, the same as for plane cover. It’s abrasion, wet, cold, hot proof. Really it works perfect.
Most elements I bought at https://www.tube-town.net/index.html power transformer is 300VA, in audio version. So far amplifier works perfect. Already tested at live concerts, and I think it will work for more.
A few technical data:
- output power 1000W lamps 4x6n2p+4x6p3s-e, output 4,8,16 ohm
- 2 channels with own correlation
- 3 effects mode ( one per each channel plus one common)
- common presence

Status
Not open for further replies.