Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Doubt on Precision of a stepper motor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

roolit

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is precision of a stepper motor fixed? Can it be changed by modifying the program?
I need a stepper motor that has to make 6 steps in one complete rotation.. Does that mean I have to purchase a stepper motor with resolution of 60 deg per step?

If you buy 60 deg stepper motor which is step angle = 60 deg, it means 360/60 = 6 steps per revolution. You cannot modify its precision lower than 60 deg by modifying the program because step angle is fixed but you can rotate it 60, 120, 180 etc... with precision angles.

regards
bassa

I gues you are refering to a standard 2-phase stepper motor. It can't have a 60° full step angle, possible step angles are
integer parts of 90°. You most likely won't find motors with larger step angles than 15 or 30°. So you have to perform multiple
steps for a base resolution of 60°.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back