Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help to solve Hfss license error in windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

asi123

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hfss in windows 7

Hey guys.

I tried to install Hfss v11 in windows 7.

I used the compatibility tool to windows XP (sp2) and the installation went smooth.

The problem is when I try to start the application, I keep getting this annoying error: "Failed to check out license hfss_desktop
Invalid (inconsistent) license key (FLEXlm Error -8)"

Any one has an idea how to solve this thing maybe?

Thanks a lot.
Assaf.

Re: Hfss in windows 7

asi123 said:
Hey guys.

I tried to install Hfss v11 in windows 7.

I used the compatibility tool to windows XP (sp2) and the installation went smooth.

The problem is when I try to start the application, I keep getting this annoying error: "Failed to check out license hfss_desktop
Invalid (inconsistent) license key (FLEXlm Error -8)"

Any one has an idea how to solve this thing maybe?

Thanks a lot.
Assaf.

I have the same problem - did you find a solution ?

I tired HFSS12 with Windows 7 and same error

FLEXlm Error -8

Shame on you!

We are talking about legally purchased software. There's a bug preventing access to FLEXLM server.

seems like I was trying to install some crippled distributive that time.
After I made last post I tried some other DVD of v13 laying around in our lab and everything went smoothly. So, I can only recommend to try another version/build.

From the FlexLM user's guide:

-8 Invalid (inconsistent) license key or signature.
The license key/signature and data for the feature do not match. This usually happens when a license file has been altered.

Yes. But actually the same thing can happen upon start-up when there are problems with license server(ghost users, hangup etc.). And actually in my case there was some kind of (?)obsolete(?) distributive. So, I believe, that was a version conflict.

- - - Updated - - -

"license file has been altered"
In license-server case the local file is just a text file with server's address

some kind of (?)obsolete(?) distributive.

Really? That's interesting.

"license file has been altered"
In license-server case the local file is just a text file with server's address

For copy protection, the FlexLM license file also has an encrypted section. You will get the above error if you edit the Host-ID in the license file, and the encrypted section does not match that Host-ID.

edit: or do you mean the port@host syntax, like 1234@mylicsvr.ibm.com ?

Really? That's interesting.
sure it is
You will get the above error if you edit the Host-ID in the license file
Anyone is free to textedit that redirect.lic file for HFSS v13 under Win32/64.
We don't have any signatures in our HFSS client-server setup in our lab. We start installation, enter the address and the plain text file is created. Then we can fix it, for example, to change ports, or use another server.

Anyone is free to textedit that redirect.lic file for HFSS v13 under Win32/64.
We don't have any signatures in our HFSS client-server setup in our lab.

Sure. In the floating license case that redirects to the license server, you can edit the host name.
However the Host ID in the license file can not be edited, of course. This will lead to the Invalid (inconsistent) license key or signature error message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back