Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is it difficult to disassembly a laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve_rb

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Laptop repair?

Anyone has laptop disassemblig experience. I want to open back cover of a laptop but scare to damage it. How difficult it is?

regards

Re: Laptop repair?

Steve :
If this is your first time taking apart delicate equipement .Maybe you should not do it .Chances are that even if tou take it part .. you may not know how to deal with the even more compact electronics .Tight equipment requires patience .. a person has to "THINK" and act Has to discover how all comes together .. Some times is not obvious or logical
it requires time .. Is a matter of habit .This applies to any type of equipment. But in the case of laptops like in british cars there are tricks.
You have to be specially careful with connectors . japanese connectors are tricky .. You break one and you are in trouble. I'm telling you all this because my neighbour just brought me his laptop (A sony one ) that some guy just decided to open.. The whole thing is a mess ! i don't know what to tell my friend .. he's going to go crazy .!!!!! ,don't put yourself in that position ..
Bottom line .. every thing comes by experience .. if the equipment is yours .. and you can afford to get another one .,... go ahead learn by experience ... I should tell you that i started taking apart stuff since when i was 7 years old ....usually i do it this days a beer on the side !

Book on upgrading and reparing laptops

Part 2 of the book

thats a very very good advice and more than connectors there is small parts such as resistors and capacitors that you wouldn't notice that they came out off boeard without even touching them !!!!!! :cry:

To open or not to open it.

abdo_tahan said:
thats a very very good advice and more than connectors there is small parts such as resistors and capacitors that you wouldn't notice that they came out off boeard without even touching them !!!!!! :cry:

Hi Abdo, your comment seems too much catastrophic, I can't figure a smd , capacitor or resistor, desoldering itself!.

My Sony VAIO has a problem with its serial DB9 port, an erratic bad contact. It occured because my mouse connector was a little oversized for it and the extra force damaged a welding (I guess). I also am :? wondering about "to open or not to open" it.

Thanks in advance for your advices guys.

yes u can.. be only onething is that.. u have to be really very careful.. coz u might damage the external body.. when u put things back.. ur laptop wud look ugly :D

are u gonu upgrade it..nowa days laptops are upgradable.. and they are very easy to open compared to its counterparts..

btw wots ur laptop config.

with regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back