Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MAX110 ADC, problem with voltage range(?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

elektryk

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
max110 adc

I am designing precision adc based on maxim max110 chip. Almost everything is ok (I know there is a bug that lockup chip, but this is not this problem). I have powered chip with +/-5V and reference voltage +/- 1.2V from two lm385. Based on max110 datasheet the input voltage range bound to full digital scale (between all 1 and all 0, forget about overvoltage pin) is from Vref- to Vref+, but in my circuit is much greater then reference, whole binary range sometime is twice greater then reference voltage (depends of configuration of ADC). I know there is something like internal calibration of ADC, but after executing 3 step process (and executing normal conversion, ~NOP=1) there is no change in measurement. The transmision is OK, all bits change in direct order.
I need a fast clue, I have few days to provide finished device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back