Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transistor tester schematic IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
sc analyser 2005

Rubi said:
Btw. did you know that the tester even recognices germanium transistors !!!
Unbelievable five stars for the developer.

Cheers
Rubi

Yes not five stars, six stars from me ;)
Actually I make a little provocation when I test Ge transistors. Try to hold with your fingers some Ge transistors when you test it ;)

british transistors

Hi Every on
i am makeing this tester but there ara some components i couldn't found
so i would like to ask you for replacements
there are 3 electrolite capacitors 2x10uf 25v and one 10uf 16v but i only have 10uf 50v will it work ?
The magazine said that the three 74HC4052 must be HC only but the only type i could found is HCF4052BE will it work?
I have PIC 16F877A 40 PIN DIPP how can i mount it in the circuit ? and what configuratin i must use when it is been programmed
I couldn't find 1nf MKT Capacitor Can I use Ceramic capacitor ?
Sorry for my Bad English
Goodby

how to know ebc of a transistor

Any ONE Help ME PLEASE:?:

transistor tester 16f877

10µF/50V will work. A higher voltage than required will always work.

74HC4052 works with a Vcc of 2-10V.
HCF4052BE works with a Vcc of 3-15V, so it will work too as long as Vcc≥3V.

Without knowing where the 1nF goes I cannot say for sure, but probably yes.

As for the programmimg of the PIC I have no idea, sorry.

using multimeter measurement the transistor ebc

XNON_Rambo is correct about the electrolytic caps, 10 uf/50V will work fine.
The 1nF caps can be ceramic.

However, the HCF4052 will not work in place of the 74HC4052. The difference is not the Vcc voltage but the Ron value of the inputs. If you will download the datasheets on the two mux chips and look at the Ron value for both you will see that the HCF4052 typical value is 470 ohms for 5VDC and the 74HC4052 is typically 70 to 80 ohms (4.5 to 6.0 VDC).

Can't help you with substituting an 'F877 in place of the 'F876 - sorry.

Mike

determine type of transistor

Hi All
XNOX_Rambo
thanks for your reply, you have been alot of help

MikeOhio
thank you for your reply , I am sad that the HCF4052 will not work :cry:
Is there any hope that a make it work by modding the circuit ?
And about MKT Capacitors can I replace any of them by ceramic capacitors in any circuit because MKT are really Hard to Find Here

Thank you all again

Bye

+pic +transistor +tester

MikeOhio is right about the Ron value, I stand corrected.

If the resistance is important in this specific design (I haven't seen the schematics)
you cannot use them.
However, if you have lots of them, you could solder a bunch piggyback on top of
each other so that the resistance decreases. 5 chips would give 470/5=94 Ohms,
which might work.
Yeah, it will look ugly as hell... ;)

jfet tester

mero_shearar;
No, trying to modify the circuit won't do anything for you. All of the "heavy lifting" in the circuit is performed by the PIC. There is one other IC which can replace the 74HC4052 - a MAX chip that I can't recall the number for right now - but it costs 5 times as much as the 74HC4052. There are several "mail order" sources for the 74HC4052 that you can order from on-line and they are not an expensive part.

As for replacing MKT caps with ceramic caps in "any" circuit, the answer has to be 'maybe'. It all depends on the application and the circuit itself. In the case of the transistor tester, these 1nF caps are serving two purposes - 1) decoupling and 2) they do a little shaping on the signal going to the PIC.

If you are really interested in building this project, you can obtain a pc board and a programmed PIC from the author. His current revision adds many more features and corrected some bugs that were found. Or, you can just purchase the whole kit and have a terrific piece of test equipment! Michel's website is **broken link removed**. You can download his User's Manual to review all of the devices that this current version will recognize as well as the information that is presented for each type of semiconductor.

Mike

erkennungsmerkmale transistor

instead of 74hc4052 may be you can try maxim max4610 which is 46 to 100 ohms Ron max ..
and the speed should be ok

electronique pratique 282

good moroning,
i am a student at electrical engineering , and i have chosen the transiter testeras a project ,i'll strat realisingit next week ,
i see that you have realised that project, so, do you have the pic program written in assembly language or other high level language,if yes, could you please send it to me,
if no, could you tell me if it is easy to program the pic witj thehex code,

thanks, i hope to read your answer soon, because as io told you i'm staring realising that proejct next week

thanks

hcf4052 schematic

Oh dear faridandakli looks like your introuble for you project,

Tip: You should always do research on what your project will consist of. looks like in this case you have not, the soruce code was never released for this transistor tester only an early version of the hex if i remember (not sure now which version it was look through all post and find it)

Secondily thats steeling some one elses idea and thats not good Micheal worked very hard on this and do you think he would be stupid to release source code and i get out on the net ( the british saying WHY CUT YOUR NOSE OFF TO DESPITE YOUR FACE). This Product is now sold so you would be breaking the law by trying to copy it you can get it from here

**broken link removed**

and here if you live in USA and Canada

https://www.m3electronix.com/

Good luck with your project

wizpic :D

electronique pratique tester tranzistor

Dear Wizpic

You are writing harsh words, even worse, you are dead wrong.

The code for the tester can be downloded here:
**broken link removed**

It is not the full bells and whistles version but 97% of it.
If you want the full blown version like I did, you can ask Mike
to sell you a programmed chip.

Cheers
Michael

project on transistor tester

Rubi
Yes they may have been harsh words, and your right you can get the knock down version of it from elektor electronics for some unknown reason that part it not get uploaded for the link for hex file.

But i got the feeling he was asking for the source code ans if you look trough the post from the begining the earlier version of the hex file is there,

Also when you get an private e-mail from the same person asking about the same thing (asking for source code) then you might look on it differently like i did.
That's my british humour coming out of me.

and also thats why i included the links to the people that make it and sell it.

sorry if it souned to harsh but there you have it in a nut shell

wizpic

transistor tester 4001

Actually the Elektor version is 4 upgrades behind :) There have been some major changes over the past year which corrected some issues with newer (and higher powered) devices. Noticable changes include the capability to detect depletion-mode MOSFETs and Diode Network (Dual Diodes). If you want to see a breakdown of the enhancements, you can go to https://www.m3electronix.com/upgrade.html. Look down the page for 'What's New".

As for Steve's post - I received the same private email and did send the .asm file that Michel posted here to the requestor.

Mike

transistor tester t4001

Hi,
I have recently purchased PIC+PCB from mwelectronics and have completed the analyzer last night. I am more than satisfied. A great instrument for such a small price.

Regards

4001 transistor

Hi,
I have recently purchased PIC+PCB from mwelectronics and have completed the analyzer last night. I am more than satisfied. A great instrument for such a small price

I second that I have got one and i do not know how i'd be with out it now i use my lot's and lot's of time.

It's a very useful product we need to give full support to these guys so they keep redesign new stuff and upgrades

wizpic:D

determinator 4001 transistor component lists

Hiall,
It is very good tester.
Thanks all think..
Sincerely..
S.TASKIN

transistor testing software in hindi

does anyone have new firmware version for 14002 determinator (SCA Analyzer 2005)? This version could test SCR, triacs, darlington....

build transistor pinout identifier

Hi! thanks for this great project !!!

Hi! I apologize myself for the quality of my English...
1) Is this forum still active?
2) Where could I find the schematics of the first version (T4001)?
Thanks in advance!

www.electroniquepratique.com

Hi Any One Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back