Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transistor tester schematic IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
elektor determinator

hadihf - that is correct. All of the functions that I listed without any modification to the original circuit. The difference is a larger PIC. There is one more feature that I did not list because it doesn't affect the capabilities of the analyzer. Michel has added support for backlit LCDs within the program. By simply adding a transistor and two resistors, if you use a backlit display, the display will light for 30 seconds when it detects a that a device has been detected.

Mike

piggybacked transistors

Would like to know wich Microcontroller is the best for this project and how to implement the mod for the backlit!!!!!!!

i have a copy of the magazine Eprat #282

pic transistor tester

I have used both 16F872s and 16F873s in the analyzer and both work equally well. As for the above added features, to include the backlight control, these are only available in the new version that Michel has developed. The source code/hex files will not be made available for the simple reason that the analyzer is going to be offered in kit form commercially. If you want to take advantage of the complete set of features, you will need to purchase the programmed PIC from Michel, or wait until the kit is ready for sale.

The modification to the existing circuit board for the backlight control is very simple. Michel used Pin 24 of the PIC as the control line for the backlighting. Simply solder a 5.6K resistor from Pin 24 to the base of an NPN transistor (2N3094 or eq). The emitter of the transistor goes to ground. The collector is connected through a 100 ohm resistor to the cathode (K) pin of the LCD backlight. The anode (A) of the backlight goes to +9V. Thats's all there is to it.

transistor tester schematic best

Mikeohio
I go with you has Michel has spent a lot of time and hard work in developing in this transistor tester, by the sound of things it has come on a long way. so i think we should show our gratiude to Michel and people should buy the pre-programmed pic or the complete kit rather than people keep asking for the schematic and souce code and trying to rip it off. I will be one of the fisrt to buy it when it comes out :D

so Michel give yourself a big pat on teh back form me for all the hard work you have done so far

wizpic

hcf4052 applications

I'm not sure to understand well!!!, What are the features availables with the above version 1.3???? all the one you've listed above or not???

Thanks

t4001.asm

Hello,

In Version 1.3 you don't have the features after item #8 in the list above.
You don't have neither recognition of Darlington, Thyristor and triac. For JFET only a RDSON measurement is performed.

Michel

how to read a transistor tester

Michel,
is the kit ready? Where we can buy it?

regards

meax98

build your own transistor tester circuit

Hi Michel ,I won't need the kit as i've just had the board made, but if i want all the features can i pay for the firmware or a preprogrammed micro????

Merci

Bruno
Quebec

avr transistortester

michel95 said:
Hello,

You don't have neither recognition of Darlington, Thyristor and triac. For JFET only a RDSON measurement is performed.

Michel

hi friend michel

can you share your new version hex file here

transistor tester pin identifier

check top of this page ;)

how to build a transistor tester

nikifena said:
check top of this page ;)

I think he means rev. with all the above 15 features incorporated :D

transistor tester by pic

I don't think so :)
for full version (maybe soon) we can buy programmed pic (12Eu)
:) :D

dÉterminator 4001

Guys Guys you must have miss read or understood what MikeOhio wrote. the only way you can get the latest version of software now is to wait for michel95 to bring out the kit or preprogrammed pic chip. I know for a fact that he will not be up loading it here due to the fact like everybody else after spending a long time on a project needs to rcoupe some money back for his time and hard work which i cant fault him.
I'm sure any of you lot if you worked in a garage and fixed my car and just charge me for the parts and labour come free (how lucky would that be).
so lets support michel95 and wait and buy it i'm sure this would engrouge michel to keep up grading it even better still design other stuff
Well thats my opinion and how i feel.
Wizpic

how to determine ebc in a transistor

Agree with you %100 Wizpic, on a reply from Michel yesterday , he told me that he's validating the firmware right now, and micros should be available by the end of the month, i just can't wait to use such a nice tool!!!!

build a transistor checker

Can MOSFETS be tested using this tester

transistor piggyback germanium

Can MOSFETS be tested using this tester

yes it can if you have been following this you would see that it does

wizpic

how to identify fet sgd pins

Hi Guys, just finnish mounting it with ver 1.3, works great But once in a while if i put a transistor in a way read it then reverse it in the test socket the firmware crash, then i must power down ,power up everything back to normal, am i the only one????

pc based transistor tester

mindstorm88
i have had no problems with mine so far, I think the only person who may be able to help you is micheal.
But i'm sure if any one had he same problem they would have said so a long time ago.

wizpic

elektor testeur transistor

Hi Guys,
From beginning I use firmware version 1.2, but maybe a week (ot 2 weeks) I use ver. 1.3. I see that version 1.3 is a little bit slower than 1.2 with measurement, I'm not sure, but could this be a possible result of the fact that it is being used RC oscillator at 1Mhz ? Maybe is better to use 4 or 20 Mhz quarz ?
What do you think ?

mwinstruments sca 2005

Hi,

For Mindstorm88, I have never heard about this problem. First of all check if there is a shortcut in the pcb. Check also the analog switches (74HC4052 and not CD4052). Check also the programming parameters (no Watchdog).
It is not a good idea to modify the clock frequency because all internal timings are relative to 1MHz. You could have problems with the LCD display and wrong measurements.

Michel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back