Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

H-Bridge inverter design - PWM to drive both PMOS and NMOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

air23

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hey everybody,

I am currently designing a H-Bridge inverter that will output 120 V RMS at 60Hz from a 170 V DC. I have decided to use 2 PMOS MOSFET for the high side switching and 2 NMOS MOSFETS for low side switching. I have also found a PWM chip
( http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheet/motorola/SG3525AN.pdf ) that has dual output to control 2 sets of MOSFET. My question is how can i use this PWM to drive both PMOS and NMOS at the same time???

Thanks for your time,
air23

Re: H-Bridge inverter design

Hi, why using p type mosfet for hi side?why not using n type mosfet for both hi and low side.

Hi, if you whant to drive H bridge arrangement, you can use IR21xxx series for your Hi and Low bridge drivers, eg IR2110,IR2113.you can also down load the datasheet it will help.

H-Bridge inverter design

Hi,
If you have PMOSFETs that have enough VDS rating, can handle the current and can be appropriately driven, then there is no problem.
Else, you can go for NMOSFETs and drive them with L6384, L6385, IR2110/IR2113, etc.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Hi, I am building a 3 phase bridge circuit for a BLDC motor. I would like to know which is the better way and why?
1) Use 3 N-MOSFET for low side and 3 P-MOSFET for high side with the high side mosfet driven by a NPN transistor or
2) Use N-mosfet for high and low side but use a L6385 driver for the high side
Which method is better? and why? in terms of performance and cost effectiveness
Also, why is a MOSFET the preferred choice over a BJT to act as a switch in a H-bridge?

Thank You.

Hi all,
In inverters, the bootstrap capacitor is the one between the Drain of S1 and the source of S2 ??? is it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.