Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

opnet modeler 14.5 installation FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

indianece

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Opnet installation FAQ

Hi I installed opnet modeler 14.5 in my pc. I can t able to run the program and view the simulation results also plz advise how to install vc++ and what kind of version is required to run simulation.

Thanks in advance
Indian Elango

hi daer
please share opnet 14.5 for me.

thanks

Opnet does not have a compiler. You have to install compilers like VC++ or visual studio 2005 or anyother version. Then you have to change the environment variable of your computer. It will be in properties of your MyComputer

On Windows NT:
Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> System -> Environment
On Windows 2000 and Win XP:
Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> System -> Advanced -> Environment Variables

Each time a variable is updated, you need to click the Set button for the changes to take effect. Once all of the changes have been made, click OK to close the dialog box.

Note that for some systems, the 8.3 format must be used in order to see proper behavior (e.g. "C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~1\Common\Tools"). Note also that spaces should not be used immediately after the semicolon (";") character in the environment settings. for further help in setting system environment variables, contact your system administrator.

----------------------------------------------
THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS ARE FOR Windows NT, Windows 2000 and Win XP:

************* IMPORTANT NOTE *****************
For all of the environment variables below, do not put spaces between the directories.
There should be NO SPACE between the semicolon ";" and the drive letter of the next directory!

For example, the following is CORRECT:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\Common\msdev98\BIN;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\BIN;

However, the following is INCORRECT:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\Common\msdev98\BIN; C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\BIN;

Add the following items to the PATH environment variable.
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\Common\msdev98\BIN;
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\BIN;
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\Common\TOOLS\WINNT;
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\Common\TOOLS;

Add the following items to the INCLUDE environment variable.
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\ATL\INCLUDE;
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE;
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\MFC\INCLUDE;

Add the following items to the LIB environment variable.
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\LIB;
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\MFC\LIB;

Add the following item to the MSDevDir environment variable.
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\Common\MSDev98

Note: These instructions assume MSVC was installed in the default location.
If MSVC was installed in a different location on your system you may need to
modify the paths specified above to match your installation.

TO VERIFY THAT THESE SETTINGS ARE CORRECT:

One quick way is to open a new OPNET Console (from the "Start" button, select "Program Files"->"OPNET Modeler" -> "OPNET Console") then type the following and examine the output of "path", "lib" and "include" environment variables.

prompt> set

Another way to check, is to type the following command:

prompt> cl

If it returns the following output:

Microsoft (R) 32-bit C/C++ Standard Compiler Version 12.00.8168 for 80x86
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1984-1998. All rights reserved.

usage: cl [ option... ] filename... [ /link linkoption... ]

Then it means that MSVC++ is in your path.

Note: If the instructions in this FAQ do not appear to succeed, in certain very rare cases, it has been reported that the issues may be fixed by using tildes ('~') in the above paths to achieve 8.3 format such as:
C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~1\Common\MSDev98

If you continue to experience issues, you may also wish to see the paths used by MS Visual C++ by examining the file:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\BIN\VCVARS32.bat

Re: Opnet installation FAQ

indianece said:
Hi I installed opnet modeler 14.5 in my pc. I can t able to run the program and view the simulation results also plz advise how to install vc++ and what kind of version is required to run simulation.

Thanks in advance
Indian Elango

Hi you,
Could you share OPNET 14.5 (mediafire, rapidshare,..link).
I know we could use newest OPNET version
1. U go to opnet web,
2. Send your request to have that version (Notice: U must be in Universit or LAB organization). Go to web to know more. If you download it ,please send for me.
Thank, :D

How do I set the path if I am using OPNET 11.5 and MS Visual Studio 2008 ?

By the way, in the Environment Variables Window, I can see the PATH variable, but I can't see include or LIB,
but when I type set in the OPNET console, it shows path, include and lib as well. How do I set the INCLUDE and LIB variables?

Last edited:

How do I set the path if I am using OPNET 11.5 and MS Visual Studio 2008 ?

By the way, in the Environment Variables Window, I can see the PATH variable, but I can't see include or LIB,
but when I type set in the OPNET console, it shows path, include and lib as well. How do I set the INCLUDE and LIB variables?

I tried to use the MS VS 2008, but it was not ok. it is better to run VS 6.0++.
Good luck.:cool:

yeah there seems to be issues with the OPNET 11.5/ VS2008 combination
Got it to work with VC++ 6 though
:)

hi all.. i'm new in onpet.. now i'm using opnet it guru.. have anyone build a mobile ipv6 simulation using opnet? can we build it using opnet it guru? thanks...

how about for windows 7?

how about for windows 7?

I believe it should work
Type environment variables in the start menu search bar
however, use VC++ 6.0 and not 2008
I couldn't get it to work in 2008

Hi,
I have currently IT guru academic edition installed, and now want to install opnet 14.5, do i need to uninstall IT guru academic edition?

Hi,
I have tried multiple editions with Windows 7 and I recommend:
Opnet Modeler 14.5
This will only work with Visual Studio 2005 (the version I have does anyway). If you are unsure, when entering the environmental variables look at the directory and see if corresponds with VS 2005 / 2008.

Through trial and error the easiest method was to reformat Windows and install Visual Studio 2005 (turn all windows updates off as it will try update patches that can cause issues with Opnet). This is because its impossible (or very difficult) to remove all traces of newer versions.
Install Opnet then enter the environment variables.

Hi,
Opnet Modeler 14.5
This will only work with Visual Studio 2005 (the version I have does anyway). If you are unsure, when entering the environmental variables look at the directory and see if corresponds with VS 2005 / 2008.

Through trial and error the easiest method was to reformat Windows and install Visual Studio 2005 (turn all windows updates off as it will try update patches that can cause issues with Opnet). This is because its impossible (or very difficult) to remove all traces of newer versions.

is the environment variables command same for windows 7? i have install the opnet modeller 14.5 but i have problems with the environment variables. i have the instruction on how to install the opnet modeller but it is for windows vista.is it the same?

Hey good day

i need to know how to configure it on win 7. i have a manual for installing it on win vista, does it work in win 7?

Hi,
Opnet Modeler 14.5

hi,
I am newbie to opnet I want to install opnet 14.5 on windows 7 32bit.How can I install it.
Is there any link,to download it from.
its urgent plz thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back