Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS Server Problem ""Unable to locate or start CO

Status
Not open for further replies.

ylk

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HFSS Server Problem

I want a distribute mode. On my remote computer, i did exactly what help says on
"Configuring the Remote Machine". I configured dcom HFSSCOMENGINE.

When i want to analyze on remote HFSS gives error :

"Unable to locate or start COM engine on '192... ' The server failed to operate"

and did nothing.

When i look task manager on my Remote machine HFSSCOMENGINE user is Guest.

Help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: HFSS Server Problem ""Unable to locate or star

Hello

I also have same problem.
please help

Added after 1 minutes:

I think the problem is with AnsoftRSMService.

Do anyone has information about it?

If you are configuring the dcom configurations, you are running HFSS 11 or earlier. Contact your application engineer and they can send you a powerpoint that walks you through the setup of the OS. If you are upgraded to HFSS12.0 or later, RSM automatically sets up the OS settings quite nicely. If you have a failure to run DSO in HFSS12 or later, be sure that you run "register RSM" under the Ansoft programs. If problems persist, contact your application engineer as RSM is actually very stable.

Hey guys, have tryed to check if the service Ansoft RSM Service is running?. You can check this in Control Panel>Administrative tools>Services. I couldn't find thar sevice in the list...

I think this is the problem, if this service is not proper running the remote and distributed analysis will not run.

We solved the problem reinstalling HFSS 12. During the installation process you should mark an option (sorry, I don't remember which one) to enable Remote and Distributed Processing. It'll install the Ansoft RSM Service (which is part of Ansoft HPC, included in HFSS 12).

I wish this can help you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back