Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help Needed with analog signal processing

Status
Not open for further replies.

calculus_cuthbert

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I need some help in figuring out design of certain blocks in a receiver. This is what I need to do:

A transmitter is transmitting two signals one at a time. These two signals have different frequencies; f1 and f2.
What the receiver needs to do is detect the signal and depending on the frequency it detects, it needs to output 1 or a 0.

Can someone help me figure out what blocks are needed and the simplest way to do this?

Thank you.

Hi,

By "at the same time," do you mean that frequencies f1 and f2 are alternately transmitted, or are both actually present at the same time?

If only one frequency is present at any time, that sounds like FSK. There are some good application notes from TI about FSK modulation and demodulation. You might want to check Google for "FSK Modulation and Demodulation With the MSP430 Microcontroller."

Regards,
Chris

This sounds like standard frequency modulation.

Try searching for FSK and AFSK. About half the data transmissions in the World use this technique so there is plenty of information out there.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.