Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

measuring 3-phase mains voltage and current

Status
Not open for further replies.

zpenava

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
measuring 3 phase voltage

Are anyone have good and simple schematic for measuring 3-phase mains voltage and current (380 V) with current and voltage transformers. I need some sort of amplifiers and filters for that, but I could not find any detailed and useful schematic.

Thanks!

how to measure 3 phase voltage

You can use ADE7754 or the newest one ADE7758 powermeter that send on SPI serial, all data regarding the 3 phase powerlines (voltage, current, phase, power, energy etc)

3 phase mains

8) if you have to measure power factor, voltage etc. for R&D purpose
FLUKE43B is best but price 3000$ approx. :lol:

measuring 3 phase current

TI is developing several applications based on the MSP430 family for the measurement of electric power.

They offers 2 solutions :

MSP430FE427 includes on board a DSP cell for the calculus of the energy but is available only for single phase applications.

For three phase applications they suggest the use of a general purpose MSP430F449.

See the attachements for details

measuring three phase voltage

You can use chips from :analog devices ADEXXXX chips. And also Sames Micro. Electronics produces like these chips

measuring mains voltage

marie65 said:
You can use ADE7754 or the newest one ADE7758 powermeter that send on SPI serial, all data regarding the 3 phase powerlines (voltage, current, phase, power, energy etc)
Hi.
I'm using ADE7754 wşth PIC 18f458.But I have a serious problem.
I can read voltages of the three phases but ADE7754 only measures the period of phaze A.So if I don't plug phase A , the period of phaze B and phaze C are all 0.But in fact they are 50Hz.
Anyone has an idea?
I think it's a initialization problem but could not solve yet.
if you know pls email me
tguclu@savronik.com.tr

measuring 3 phase power

Hi.
I'm using ADE7754 with PIC 16F876.But I have many problems.
I can t read nothing . I use the module MSSP of the PIC, and use DIN,DOUT and SCLK with Pull up resistance. I try know the temperature of the PIC,, but sends me 0.

Can you help me please??

three phase mains voltages

In situations like this it best to start with a known load and use a hand held VOM or DVM to measure the outputs of the sensing transformers and do hand calculations. Next have your automated data recording system measure the transformer outputs and compare the readings with your hand held insturment readings. Once the automatic collector is able to match your readings then compare the calculations of the automatic system with your hand calculations.

measuring 3-phase current

Hello friends ,, I´ m working with the ADE7754, and I have a problem with the reading

of vrms registers. I read between 214V and 224V and the input is 220V . The error is

too big 3.6% approximetly. I want to know if you have the same numbers..

I wrote (-5) in AVRMSOS and read with zero crossing detection,, do you use pull up

with the IRQ??

thanks..

mains voltage measurement

I have tried to work with this chip ADE7758 but have failed in each attempt. I tried to make chip talk with the MC68HC11, PIC28, & FPGA. MC68HC11 was the worst one, where the programing was the matter. PIC28 - I fried this one the first time. And the FPGA - I did succeeded with the programing, but here the chip was not getting caliburated with the output, where I am getting repeatedly 'FFFF' in the 7segment output.

Hence, I request any of them who know or have done their project to come forward and help, regarding this failur that I have faced.

I will appreciate your help, feed back or even I will buy/pay for your time or the whole project.

Feel free to email at pm_kle@yahoo.co.uk
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.