Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Signal conditioning circuit for Photo diode

Status
Not open for further replies.

sv.pedhekar

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi to all,

I want to design the Signal conditioning circuit for any photo detector.We having a simple LED circuit and we need to plot the current-intensity relationship for the same.
I divide the project into three steps 1) Design of light generation ckt.(Already design).
2) Signal Conditioning for photo diode 3) Voltage to current converter.

Please help me.Thanking you.

Here's my suggestion:

You need a two-stage circuit.

1: A current generator wich you can control the current. That is, look for an "constant current generator" on the web. For the basic models, there will be a resistor that decide the current because there is a fixed voltage over the resistor. Change this to a potmeter. Send the current through the photo-diode.

2: A repeater circuit. that converts any change in voltage level into logical levels. Virtually any opamp could be uset for this.

Be aware you have to adjust the first circuit every time you test a new photo diode because they have different characteristics.

Status
Not open for further replies.