Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to use cc2500 in uart mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

swakit

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using cc2500 with atmega32.
I want to use cc2500 in uart mode because i think in spi mode it is too big to handle.
for that purpose i did following things:

1. i reset cc2500 using sres command strobe.(0x30)
2. then i configured the data rate to 9600 by writing appropriate values of DRATE_E and DRATE_M in respective registers.
3. then i configured gdo2 (=RX by writing 0x0D )and gdo0(=TX by writing 0x2D)

i configured all this using spi interface.
As i could successfully read back all written values everything is fine but this serial wireless link is not working.

Am i losing out on any step to make cc2500 work in uart mode?
please explain if so else what is the problem?

one more thing if you can explain how to work with cc2500 in spi mode (accessing tx rx FIFOs) it will be very useful. I have gone through datasheet and many of design notes but i am not understanding it clearly. I am using smartrf studio for my calculations

thnx ...

use atmega 8 as a bridge between cc2500 and UART., bcoz cc2500 operates in SPI., which is quite tedious to study all those data sheets., so ., access cc2500 through atmega 8 from UART. i m using AVR 128 uniboard... i will check abd reply u with the codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back