Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Calibre LVS error: no matching ".SUBCKT" statement for "RPODWO_M"

Status
Not open for further replies.

iogear

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Calibre LVS error: no matching ".SUBCKT" statement for "RPODWO_M"

Hello all,

I have some problems. After I finished the layout, I try to run the LVS. I cannot get rid of these errors.

Error: No matching ".SUBCKT" statement for "RPODWO_M" at line 25 in file "/home/cltai/project90/Buf_lvt_1x.src.net"

ERROR: Source could not be read.

RPODWO_M is a P+ diffusion resistor with 3 terminals. I tied the third terminal and positive terminal to the VDD. The transistor level simulation is working and the result is expected. However, it looks like the resistor of my layout never matching the schematic. I have no clue what are they different.

Re: Calibre LVS

iogear said:
ERROR: Source could not be read.

RPODWO_M is a P+ diffusion resistor with 3 terminals. I tied the third terminal and positive terminal to the VDD.
I think the 3rd terminal connection is ok (P+ resistor in n-well). May be Calibre cannot find the appropriate RPODWO_M view, or doesn't recognize the resistor because of a missing recognition layer? My suggestion: exchange it against another resistor (e.g. RPOLY) and try if this works. If so, I guess the RPODWO_M lvs view (or a recognition layer) is missing.

thank you for message. I think I know where the problem is.. when the calibre generate the netlist from schematic, the all the n/p resistors codename are not matching to the layout one.

use pseudo_ layers for any type of resistor..
Ex: pseudo_poly or poly resistors..
If u cannot analye the erors in the LVS..then jus go throgh SUBCKT and extracted one(for this you should atleast have the idea of point of mistake)

all the resistors from TSMC library didn't work...
the problem is...
ex.
.SUBCKT ..............
XR01 vdd _out vdd rpodwo_m wr=1u lr=4.735u .....

If I change the XR01 to MR01, LVS will work. It will show the result. It is becasue M is use for the mosfet, so the mismatch will happen(it thinks MX01 is a transistor not resistor). At least, it can generate the result. XR01 is competely unreadable. I am going to contact them for solution.

I will try extract later.....thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back