Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

dot matrix display 19 Character 2 lines display board

Status
Not open for further replies.

kashif_uet

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all i am developing a display board by using dot matrix display

so far i have developed the circuit to 19 characters and 1 line but the problem is that i am observinh a fliker in display help me to resolve this matter need a smooth display not fllikering one.

Attached is my code with schematic

hi, can you post your schematic as image.

regards
kj

I have used 8051 with one 3 to 8 line decoder ( 74HCT238 )
two D Latches ( 74C373 ) and six 4 to 16 line docoder (74HCT4514 )

Hope you understand the picture

kashif_uet said:
I have used 8051 with one 3 to 8 line decoder ( 74HCT238 )
two D Latches ( 74C373 ) and six 4 to 16 line docoder (74HCT4514 )

Hope you understand the picture
clear picture here....

Dear Zasto It must be readable in both day light and night

Added after 2 minutes:

Dear Sahu you can have a look at next thread i posted just above your message in which i have posted to pictures from proteus these are quite clear and vissible

kashif_uet said:
Dear Sahu you can have a look at next thread i posted just above your message in which i have posted to pictures from proteus these are quite clear and vissible
As i have seen, your Schematics (The screen capture of proteus) are very difficult to have details about pin details and too the part numbers. The one posted by "Sahu" is quite redable. You may check the same again...Cheers

Do anyone of you had worked on it then for sure you will understand the issue of mine as i have attached all coding files proteus file

for part details you can open up the proteus file.

@kashif_uet

as I wrote you in an earlier post, with 1/95 duty cycle your display will have quite low brightness and it's visibility during the day will be low. Take a look to this thread:

and you will find the basic circuit that I use for moving messages (basically nowadays I use a little bit different circuit, but the principle is the same). Unfortunately, that circuit is not suitable for modules that you plan to use as it drives individual LEDs, but the LEDs with lower light output can be used and are visible during the bright sunny day (tested in many places).

HTH

you can watch a video of an display: at https://zastos.com/Video/MMSG.html , it is an early display made many years ago with 10mm LEDs 8mcd brightness and is visible at the direct sun light

Status
Not open for further replies.